Hot Cocoa Invitations
Getting cosy with some friends for a hot chocolate and cookies get-together during the winter holiday season. Kick the party off with some handmade party invitations that you can make very easily yourself.
This is the invitation we made for our Girls' night cocoa party this year. A friend and I designed these invitations together and these are some of the ones that I made. We are having a cocoa party and exchanging Christmas stories.
The card is a simple pocket invitation with the mitten forming the pocket. In the pocket is a packet of cocoa and on that packet is the party information.
- Colored Card - red for the card base, brown for the cocoa mug
- Patterned paper
- White copy paper
- Scissors, adhesive
- printer and computer
- ric rac ribbon
- cocoa drink sachets
How to make this invitation
- Cut the red cardstock to make a flat card (not folded)
- Cut out a rectangle of card from the brown cardstock
width is 1/2 inch wider than the cocoa packet sachet,
height is approx 1" shorter than the height of the cocoa packet.
- Now create a pocket. Apply a thin line of glue to the back of the brown card along the sides and the bottom edges. Stick it to the red card. Leave a 1inch gap at the bottom of the card.
- Print your invitation wording on to plain copy paper and adhere it to the cocoa packet.
- Slip the packet and invitation into the pocket.
- Make a mitten template from cereal box cardboard. Trace onto patterned paper and cut out two mitten shapes. Adhere them to the top of the card, place them so it looks as though they are holding the mug. Attach a couple of lengths of ribbon to the mittens to embellish if you wish.
Made by Dacia