Make party invitations for Valentines
Make party invitations for your Valentines Day Event. Take a look through the site to find some interesting and unique invitation making ideas that you can make yourself.
For a cute valentines theme you can make invites in the shape of a heart or a little cherub with a bow and arrow if you're feeling super artistic.
Ideas for Valentines invitations
Heart shaped invites - Make a heart shaped folded card or flat card invitation from firm card. Trace the heart design directly onto the card and cut it out with a pair of scissors. Write your party information on to the card or you can print it onto white paper, cut it out and glue it to the card.
Decorate a card with hearts - Make a regular folded card with pink or red cardstock. glue heart shape paper cutouts onto the front of the card to decorate it. You can use heart shaped paper doilies, craft punched hearts, hand cut hearts, heart stickers.
Create your wording insert on a computer, print and adhere to inside of card.
Doily Heart Invitation
This is a pretty sweet and simple invitation that we made for a Sweet Valentine Party.
It was very easy to make. We purchased some paper heart doilys on sale at our favorite craft depot store to make a paper garland decoration when we thought it would be a good idea to use the smaller doilys on our invitations.
To make this invite you will need:
- White paper doilies.
- glue stick
- red card stock
- white card stock
- White copy paper for the invitation inserts
- Printer and computer (or you can hand write the invitations)
- paper trimmer or scissors
Make your cards
- Make a whole heap of white folded cards.
- Get your red card stock and cut out a piece to go on top of the cover. Measure it out to be about a 1/2 inch smaller in width and length than your folder white card. This will give you a border of about a 1/4 inch all the way around.
A paper trimmer will make short work of this step, but a craft knife and metal straight edge (metal ruler) will work fine. If you have neither then grab your scissors and get cutting.
- Glue the white doily with the glue stick to the front of the red card. Place it on the left hand side of the card.
- Now glue the red card to the front of the white folded card. Try and center it as much as you can.
- Print out the words "You're invited" (or whatever you wish to greet your guests will work too) onto white card. Cut out and adhere to the front of the card.
- Finally, print out your wording on your paper insert (measured to be about a half inch shorter than the card itself) Glue to the inside of your invitation card and you are done.
- Pop it into a nice red envelope and send off to your guests.
These invites were made from scratch(mostly). Made with a printer, a
typewriter for some of the text, a sewing machine and part of a
pre-printed pad. On the back there were some small little heart
cut-outs and a map to show the guests the location of the party. We
used these invites for a party we hosted that we called La Soiree Noir
(the black party) it was a Valentines Day bash.